The Top 10 Benefits of Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is one of the fastest growing segments in the home improvement landscape. Let's cover top 10 reasons metal roofing is a far better choice than asphalt shingles. Imagine never having to worry about re-roofing your home again?
1. Price. Metal roofing is actually more cost effective than shingles. When you choose USA Metal roofing as your roofing professional we back our roofs with a life time guarantee. Many people think metal roofs are expensive. In reality our prices are very similar to a quote you would get for a shingle roof. Traditional asphalt shingle roofs usually only last 15-20 years.
2. Overall look. At USA Metal roofing we have dozens of beautiful color combinations. From traditional to more adventurous. Our premium Valspar paint is simply the best on the market.
3. Fire resistance. Metal roofs are non-combustible, and our materials have a Class A fire rating which is the most fire-resistant rating.
4. Durability. Metal roofs can sustain winds up to 140 MPH without experiencing damage.
5. Metal roofs are energy-efficient. The metal reflects heat, which means a metal roof can help reducing your cooling costs by as much as 25-30% per year.
6. Better for the environment. Metal roofs are manufactured with anywhere from 25-95% recycled material and are completely recyclable at the end of their lifespan.
7. Metal is insect resistant. Unlike other roofs, metal does not attract insects. This is because metal doesn't retain moisture and can't rot.
8. Moss and Fungus Proof. Moss and fungus not only look awful, but they can also dramatically shorten the lifespan of an asphalt roof. With a metal roof you won't have to worry about that if you live in area that is prone to moss or fungus.
9. Raccoons, Rodents, Pests, and Wild Animal Proof. If you live in an area where these critters dwell you or one of your neighbors have probably had this problem. Well, you won't have to worry about these pesky little creatures breaking through the metal and getting into your attic.
Did you know? There are many reported cases of pests and wild animals breaking away the asphalt shingles, destroying plywood, and getting inside the homes to cause further damage.
10. Hail resistant - A metal roof can withstand even some of the largest hailstones with minimal damage, and most properly installed metal roofs can withstand winds up to 140 MPH. In contrast asphalt singles can be damaged by wind speeds that exceed 70 MPH. Shingles can be damaged, or even blown off the roof.
The choice is clear. Metal roofing is the future. To book a free roofing estimate give us a call at 260.755.8113.