Tips for Fixing Minor Roof Damage
So you're aware that you have roofing damage signs? You should also know how to make a few minor repairs. The faster you act on roof damage repairs, the more money you’ll save and the more damage you’ll prevent from spreading. Here are a few essential tips to remedy minor roof damage:
- Get a professional roof inspection. This is the most important thing you can do to fix roof damage.
- Get the proper tools to quickly replace damaged shingles. You’ll need a roofing nailer, roofing nails, a pry bar or roof rake, an extension ladder, a safety harness, and replacement roof decking (potentially).
- Regularly check your attic, gutters, and insulation. These can be the first place you notice a sign of a roof leak, and as a homeowner, keeping up with regular maintenance can save you a ton of pain and strife.
- Fill small holes or cracks with a roof patch or caulk. This is relatively easy and can quickly remedy a small hole in your roof or attic ceiling. Simply utilize a roof patch, roof tar, or caulk to seal the spot and then re-shingle it from the outside if necessary.
- Replace damaged or missing shingles. This is a little more difficult as you’ll need to carefully remove the old shingle without damaging the ones around it, but with practice, it’s not too tricky. You can also hire a professional if this seems like too much work for you.
- Add additional insulation to your attic. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, it’s vital you have enough insulation to protect your home against the elements.
- Replace any damaged or rotted wood on or around your roof. This is a more extensive repair that may require professional help, but it can cause severe damage to your home if left untreated.
- Hire a professional roofer. We love and appreciate a homeowner who wants to DIY all their roof repairs, but some tasks are better left to the pros. Roofing repairs done wrong can void warranties and make issues worse. So when in doubt, call a professional like Red Wolf Roofing.
Call Red Wolf Roofing!
At Red Wolf Roofing, we understand the importance of a sturdy, reliable roof over your head and offer top-of-the-line roofing repairs. Contact us today to get a FREE estimate!